Tasting- Cupcake Pino Grigio

 Name of Wine: Cupcake Pinot Grigio

Grapes: Pinot Grigio

Country: Italy

Region of Origin: Northern Italy

Vintage year: 2021

Price: $10


Review from Vivino: shares notes of pear, apple, citrus, and oak.

Wine Folly (page 149) the flavor that I was best able to pick up on was White Peach, and Cantaloupe. I was able to pick up on the high acidity and did not find the wine to be bitter, which aligns with the low level of tannins indicated in the book. On page 251 Wine Folly notes flavors of tart fruit and tingling acidity. I found it very easy to pick up on the tingling acidity, which I think could be connected to tart fruit.

My Review: Overall I found this wine to be refreshing, and easy to enjoy. I think this was a great first wine to try because it was easy to pick up on the fruity notes within. The label mentions flavors of Pear and Lemon, which combine to create a delightful taste. I found it interesting that in the Wine Folly book, they mentioned a Peach flavor, which I was able to pick up through smell, but not through taste. I do wish it was slightly less acidic, but I would still drink this again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine and Cheese Pairing